Thursday, October 8, 2009

Visiting the Wright Flyer

A few weeks ago, Jerry, Skyler and I attended the Open House at the Flabob Airport in Riverside. This is where Grandpaw has been working on a replica of the Wright Flyer Airplane for a few years. This was the first time I've seen it all in one piece, and it was quite impressive as it was rolled out to the runway where it joined other aircraft on display.

The Wright Flyer is nearing completion, and is set to fly within a year's time.

We had a nice lunch with Grandpaw at the airport cafe. We also met other members of the Wright Flyer team.





We visited other airplanes on display, such as this DC-3 once used by Winston Churcill. Skyler got to sit at the controls of a small plane a few times. We all had a good time!









































I'm including a few pictures from our last visit to Flabob Airport in June of 2007. Here is Skyler with Grandpaw, and a group photo of the team.

1 comment:

Heather Clisby said...

This is sooooo cool. I may have to go check this out next time I'm in town.